Privacy, Cybersecurity & Data Protection
ArentFox Schiff’s interdisciplinary team of privacy, cybersecurity, and data protection attorneys handle the full scope of data security and protection issues. We serve a broad range of clients navigating Big Data today in spaces as diverse as health care, nonprofits and trade associations, telecommunications, retail, consumer products, gaming and entertainment, and media.
We Plan Your Data Playbook
Our national team routinely advises on the biggest trends in privacy and data security, serving our clients at the local to international level.
We regularly advise clients on how to protect their data at every stage, from advice and counseling to investigations, incident planning and response, insurance, and litigation.
How We Help
- Internal security and governance programs
- Ransomware incidents
- Internal investigations in response to data incidents
- Federal- and state-level regulatory compliance including FTC, FCC, and AG guidance and enforcement
- Cyber threats and new technology systems
- NIST, ISO, PCI-DSS, and other security standards
- Payment security and mobile payment trends
- Aggregate and anonymized data collection in advertising
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cross-border data transfer issues
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- EU-US Privacy Shield
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Biometrics and facial recognition
- IT and third-party vendor agreements
- Health information privacy, security, and breach notification