Tom is an attorney in the automotive group at Arent Fox. His work focuses on matters involving various auto dealers and manufacturers.
Publications, Presentations, and Recognitions
- The Non-Contractual Nature of Privacy Policies and a New Critique of the Notice and Choice Privacy Protection Model, 27 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J. 181 (2016)
- Rating Indicator Criteria for Privacy Policies, Symposium on Useable Privacy and Security (SOUPS) 2016 Workshop on Privacy Indicators (June 2016) (coauthored)
- Ambiguity in Privacy Policies and the Impact of Regulation, J. of Legal Stud. S162 (2016) (coauthored)
- Internet Privacy Enforcement After Net Neutrality, 26 Fordham Intell. Prop Media & Ent. L.J. 225 (2015)
- Privacy Harms and the Effectiveness of the Notice and Choice Framework, 11 I/S: J.L. & Pol’y for Info. Soc’y 485 (2015) (coauthored)
- Disagreeable Privacy Policies: Mismatches Between Meaning and Users’ Understanding, 30 Berkely Tech. L.J. 39 (2015) (coauthored)
- Privacy Handbook for Student Information Outline: A Toolkit for Schools and Parents, Fordham CLIP Report (2015) (coauthored)
- Privacy and Cloud Computing in Public Schools, Fordham CLIP Report (2013) (coauthored)
Life Beyond the Law
Tom is a musician who formerly performed professionally on guitar, bass, banjo, and other similar stringed instruments. He originally hails from southeastern Massachusetts and is a die-hard New England Patriots fan.