George N. Koumbis
George Koumbis is an attorney in the automotive group. He works on individual consumer and class actions, unfair competition and commercial litigation. His responsibilities include trial and appellate work, regulatory compliance, and business litigation.
- Motion to compel arbitration and dismiss putative class action granted and affirmed on appeal in published opinion. (Flores v. West Covina Auto Group (2013) 212 Cal.App.4th 895.) Petition for review by CA Supreme Court granted.
- First chaired seven day court trial involving contract dispute between satellite television retailers.
- Sat second chair and attained favorable judgment in court trial representing dealership and dealer principal in multi-party litigation over alleged violation of SB 114 (providing financial incentives to “relocating” dealership).
- Served as sole arbitration counsel and obtained judicial arbitration award in favor of automotive dealership against repair facility for parts sold and referral business.
- Struck portions of plaintiffs’ complaint alleging class-wide rescission under “backdating”, “fee lumping”, and “DMV filing fee” classes without leave to amend.
- Assisted in achieving defense verdict on ASFA, CLRA, and UCL “backdating” class.
- Defended satellite television retailer in federal court over trademark dispute with satellite service provider.
George is a member of the American Bar Association and Hellenic Law Society of Southern California.
Bar & Court Admissions
US District Court, Central District of California
University of San Diego School of Law, JD, 2006
University of California, Irvine, BA, 2003